Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back at School

Not much of consequence happened this summer. I got black out drunk for the first time in my life, made out with a few guys, went on many long bike rides, and spent a lot of time basking in the sunshine at the swimming pool. I enjoyed this summer the most of any summer since I was a kid. It felt real and great and I did things just for myself. One of the best things I did was buy a new bike. No big deal for the average person, but for me it was a big accomplishment, to spend almost $100 just on me that was nonessential and just for fun was a treat. Now that I'm back at school and reality has crept back, there are only a few things that I wish had gone differently. I shouldn't have let you back in. It felt amazing and was what I wanted in the moment but I know better and I know you better than that. When making decisions it is possibly the most difficult thing to make the one with the adequate amount of foresight to not smash your face into the same brick wall time after time. You have become my brick wall. Thanks for being there if only momentarily. One day maybe some of this will make sense but until then, I'll just wonder what the frickety-frick-frack all of this was supposed to mean,

No comments:

Post a Comment